#ThatNewNew: Fresh Make Up Brands you Need to Check Out!
Since I’m always on the look out for new make up brands to try out, I decided to create a new blog series called “That New, New”. This series will feature brands that I have recently discovered that I really like! The brands that I will be talking about will either be indie brands or mid size brands that are fairly new. I will briefly talk about how I discovered each brand, then dive into the reasons why I like them in point form. I will be writing in depth reviews for each brand later on as well. Today, I’m going to be talking about 2 new lipstick brands that will make you want to jump right on your computer and start shopping!
1. Lipland Cosmetics
I have been using the liquid lipsticks from Lipland Cosmetics for a month now and their formula is becoming 1 of my top favourites. That’s saying a lot because I own a lot of liquid lipsticks and I’m very picky with formulas!
I first knew about Lipland Cosmetics because of Amanda Ensing (beauty blogger on Youtube) as she was talking about these liquid lipsticks in one of her videos. I love her videos, and her lipstick suggestions have always been really good- so I decided to purchase a few Lipland Cosmetics liquid lipsticks. I got the shades Empire, Fifty-Fifty, Aventus, Temple as well as Baked, Rezy, Montenegro and Retrograde from the Amrezy Collection. I also used her discount code and got 25% off my order and got an extra liquid lipstick when the package arrived!
* The shades are in the order that it was listed in above!
I love the all the colours that I got even though Fifty Fifty and Temple were a tad bit too light for my skin tone (you wouldn’t need a lip liner if you are very fair)- so all I had to do was to first fill in my lips with a darker lip liner. I LOVE their formula and the way they feel on my lips- they are very comparable to the Anastasia Beverly Hills liquid lipsticks (1 of my favourite formulas). I just wish that they came out with more colours, but I’m really happy with all the colours that I got so far.
If you love the Anastasia Beverly Hills liquid lipsticks, I highly recommend trying out the Lipland Cosmetics liquid lipsticks because they are great and affordable! As for me, I already ordered a few other liquid lipsticks from their collection as well as their matte lip crayons because I’m in LOVE with this brand, no joke!
Here’s why you should try out Lipland Cosmetics:
- Their prices are good and they offer discount codes
- Their formula is not too drying and it barely transfers
- They have great colours for anyone that loves brown toned mauves or nude shades
- If you reapply the liquid lipstick after it doesn’t get flakey
- Its very pigmented and not patchy
- They blend really well with lip liners
- The colours they offer give you a very nice and full pout!
2. Give Me Glow Cosmetics
I first discovered this brand while I was looking for dupes of the Kylie Lip Kit (at the time, the lip kits were pretty impossible to get) on Instagram. As soon as I went on their actual website, I was in love! They offer so many different shades, both bold colours and lots of neutral shades that are perfect for a variety of skin tones. I purchased a whole bundle of liquid lipsticks from them- including most of the Kylie Lip Kit dupe colours, a few brown shades as well as some mauve colours.
Here’s a list of the shades that I currently own:
- Cinnamon Bun (Dolce K dupe)
- Death by Chocolate (True Brown K dupe)
- Pink Sprinkled Donuts (Candy K dupe)
- Pink Rose Cupcake (Koko K dupe)
- Berry Smoothie (Posie K dupe)
- Lana (A gorgeous balance of dusty rose and brown undertones)
- Oh My Nudeness (a bit lighter than Pink Rose Cupcake)
- Nude Beach (Brown toned nude)
- Cupid (True nude)
- Brooklyn (Soft cool toned nude)
- Whiskey & Honey (True yellow toned brown)
- Fireside Flirting (Terracotta brown toned red)
- She’s All That (Jeffree Star Cosmetics Androgyny dupe)
- Country Red (Very similar to Mood by Dose of Colors)
- Jane Smith (Very similar to Veronica by Anastasia Beverly Hills)
- Bonfire Season (Discontinued, it’s a bit darker than Death by Chocolate)
* The shades are in the order of the list above! I couldn’t find the photos of Jane Smith and Bonfire Season (this shade is discontinued).
Guys, I love their liquid lipsticks! They have amazing colours, and all of them are all liquidy formulas, which I love. They are super pigmented so you don’t need to layer it. You do need to exfoliate and hydrate your lips before putting them on because they dry to a very matte finish but trust me, the results are worth it!
They do not require a lip liner (except for Pink Rose Cupcake, Oh My Nudeness and Pink Sprinkled Donuts because of my skin tone) and they look great on different skin tones, which I personally think is very important! I do own all of the Kylie Lip Kits except for Kourt K, but I just love how creamy and pigmented these Give Me Glow Cosmetics liquid lipsticks are. I don’t know how to explain it- they are just so comfortable and pigmented on the lips, their liquid lipsticks are a must try!
Here’s why you should try out Give Me Glow Cosmetics:
- They retail at 13.25 USD
I will be posting a more in depth review and more details on all the shades that I currently own from Give Me Glow Cosmetics, but I highly recommend that you check them out! They are also having a huge restock now!Get it here!
That’s it for this installment of the #ThatNewNew Series! I hope you enjoyed reading this post as much as I enjoyed writing it! Do leave a comment below of your thoughts and suggestions of other brands that you think we should include in our next #ThatNewNew post. It could be any brands that make different make up products, not just liquid lipsticks! Hope everyone is having a good week and make sure you check out @tazelbox on Instagram for regular lip swatches as well as other lifestyle/beauty news. Stay tuned for our next #ThatNewNew post because we will be introducing the awesome highlighters that we have recently discovered!